Wednesday, May 09, 2007

" I get this feeling sometimes that after the world ends, when God destroys all our buildings and our flags, we will wish we had seen everybody as equals, that we had eaten dinner with prostitutes, held them in our arms, opened spare rooms for them and loved them and learned from them. I was just another stupid child in the flow, you know; I didn't know any of these things. I didn't know it didn't matter what a person looked like, how much money they made or whether or not they were cool. I didn't know cool was just a myth and that one person was just a beautiful and meaningful as another." from Searching for God Knows What, by Donald Miller.

That's a challenge to me...even as I live the life of a missionary, in another culture and country...a reminder to keep loving the unlovable, no matter what they look like, or smell like, or what they might want from you. Do as Jesus did, and love them for how God sees them, not how the world sees them.

1 comment:

brooke said...

Amen, sista. That's something I'm not very good at, but I want to do better. :)