This is a sad post.
If you all can be in prayer for my friend Gigie, that would be good. Her dad passed away quite suddenly from a stroke on Tuesday. She was able to go down to her family's place and be there for the funeral and lead worship one of the nights.
And also pray for the Gunderson family. Dennis and Jeri started the ministry of running the baby home and birth clinic we have been working at in Antipolo. Dennis passed away, also very suddenly, from complications from pneumonia on Wednesday night. He had been sick since Friday with some flu like symptoms, and by Sunday he was feeling a bit better, but Wednesday he still wasn't better so they went in to see the doctor, and he was admitted to the hospital very shortly after that. His son-in-law, Darrin, wrote this in an email that was sent out..."At 8:21 last night (Wednesday, May 16, 2007) Dennis Gunderson joined the object of his trust in glory. I do not know a man who has more thoroughly 'made the Lord his trust,' and I am confident of his reward."
I didn't know Dennis too well, I mostly saw him in passing for a few minutes, and I had a few conversations with him. Katie knew him a bit better, as she spent time working with him and the baby home last October. She said that she's known very few people in her life with a passion like his, and it is sad to lose that passion for the Kingdom here on earth. We know Dennis is rejoicing where he is at, and I think that there is also a call to those of us who knew him, to pick up a piece of that passion, that banner he was carrying, and to carry it on ourselves.
Please pray for his family, his wife and daughters living here in the Philippines and his sons living in the US. And pray for the ministry to continue with strength and vision!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment