Thursday, June 28, 2007

June

Well, June has flown by. I can't believe Sunday is July already.

We moved completely out of the house that we have been living in in Mandaluyong yesterday. It was a big job, but really it went well, and it was fairly quick. My camera batteries have been dead for a while, and I haven't taken the time to charge them. So I bought some new ones, but couldn't find them, so I wasn't able to get any pictures of the process and excitement. We had most of the neighbors stop by to say goodbye as we packed things up. We recruited one of our neighbor guys to help Jhun take apart the swing on the roof that Eric had built. Jhun kept saying...It's very strong! So it did take two of them to take it apart. But they did it.

Djohanna, Sarah Ann's friend came and went through all of the stuff that we didn't need. Her family lost most of their belongings in a fire a couple of months ago, so I was glad we could give her the extra stuff. There was a lot of kitchen supplies left, and you can always use those. =)

We had a truck come at 6pm, and they loaded everything up. The truck was going to go to Tandang Sora, where Sarah Ann and the girls live, and then out to Antipolo. It ended up overheating on the way to Sarah's place, so they didn't get out to our place in Antipolo until 10:30....but they got there, and we unloaded it really quickly, and then fell into bed.

After we had packed everything onto the truck, and were leaving the house....it was a weird feeling. Very monumental, and very final. It's been a good house. Eric and Linsey first rented it two years ago, and it's been faithful every since. We said bye to everyone, and got into a tricy and waved goodbye, and drove away. It felt weird.

It also feels really really good to have it done. Now I have all of my belongings in one place, instead of haphazardly at three. Life will get a little more compact...there will be less traveling to that side of town...unless I want to go.

I traveled to Puerto Galera last week, to work on some transcripts that needed to be completed...and timed it just perfectly to get sick there. It was not too fun, but if I'm going to get sick it was good to be there, because Vicki took good care of me. =) I had a bad sore throat...so started on antibiotics, and then it moved into my ear...which was incredibly incredibly painful. I haven't had an ear infection since I was 15, and this one was not fun. I'm mostly better now. I haven't taken any Ibuprofen today, which is a good thing. I lived on it for a number of days.

No comments: