Monday, April 02, 2007

It's been a very eventful few weeks here...but really, when has it not been? I was almost at meltdown point a few days ago...I just didn't want to move, didn't want to talk to anybody, didn't want to do anything...so I had one day off...so I decided I would take the whole day and pamper myself...just do the things I wanted to. So I went out to breakfast, had a massage, saw a movie, went to church, and then out to dinner. =) It was nice, and by the end of the day I was feeling much much more like myself again...plus church was amazing, and just what I needed, and it put everything back into perspective for me...and I was able to take my eyes off myself again.
It started with this gorgeous pastor getting up, and saying that God had laid on his heart the verse John 10:10, which says that "the Thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly." He emphasized the "I have come to give life, and Life more abundantly", and I realized...oh yea, satan's trying to take my joy, and take away my realization that I am sharing in, taking part in, enabling, that LIFE! everyday. I realized anew that Jesus is the giver of Life, and I get to see new life practically everyday. It gets covered up for me in the daily grind, the heat, the language barrier, the small uncertainties of my role, the challenges of teaching and communicating important, crucial information, when you are so tired. =) So it turned out to be incredibly good, and refreshing.

I am so blessed here...and yet I still find reason to complain about the small things. =) Alas, human nature.

No comments: