Wednesday, April 18, 2007

On Saturday I was able to meet up with my friend Gigie, who is a missionary with YWAM, in a city a few hours north of Manila. It was such a great time. I've probably seen her face to face, three times in 2 1/2 years, but each time we see each other it there is a great connection. She's been on staff with YWAM for almost 5 years now, and has lead outreach teams, and Bible studies in the squatter community near the base, and all around really loves Jesus. It was so encouraging to just sit and talk with her, and hear about the ministry things she is doing, and what God's been teaching her. She was on her way down to the southern island of Mindanao, to visit her family, and then go the the national YWAM conference.
We met at Mall of Asia...which is very new, and the biggest in the Philippines, and one of the biggest in Asia. It was my first time there, and I enjoyed it...it has a more open feel than a lot of the other malls I've been to here, and it is right next to the bay, so you can walk out and look at the water.

No comments: