Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tidbits

Well, it's been a while since I've posted...so I figured I should write something new...the thing is...I can't think of much to say. =)
So, here are a few tidbits of what has been happening here...
This last week I went to Puerto Galera for 6 days. It was great...to have a change of scenery, see the beautiful ocean, smell the fresh air, and have a little time to relax. One of the things I really wanted to do while I was there was bake some cinnamon rolls...since baking is a form of relaxation for me. =) Well, things came between me, and making cinnamon rolls, so I didn't get a chance to...but I did get to bake some cookies, and some green mango bread. I also got to meet friends for dinner, sit on the beach for a bit, help with prenatal day, and have half a day in Sabang with the midwives. =)

I was glad to come back to Manila though, when it was time to...it's nice to feel like I have a home here that I look forward to coming back to. However, I traveled back into Manila on Friday night....a word to the wise...try to avoid traveling anywhere that is any significant distance in Manila, on a Friday night. I got to Mega Mall, where I was going to catch an FX to take me to Antipolo at about 7:15pm. I walked up to the place where you catch the FX, and stopped...because the line was enormous...and my guess is that it would take me two hours to get up to Antipolo. So I got some dinner first, and then went to wait in line....and yep, two hours later, 10pm, I was in Antipolo...on a good day you can make it in 30 minutes. But that's of course if there is no traffic. I felt a little dazed when I arrived...but I was glad to have at least arrived. We had a birth a couple of hours after that, and I was reminded, and shocked once again, at the beauty of birth, and the beginning of a new life. She was a beautiful little baby girl!

Yesterday I took it really easy...sat and read a book for a few hours...and then went to see the movie Pan's Labyrinth. I don't know how I felt about it...it was really good, and very sad at the same time.

It has been so so hot these last few weeks. In the high 90's, with at least that much humidity. So on my days off...there's not much else you want to do but be inside where there is airconditioning....and that usually means a mall...which are all very busy at this time of year, because everyone else wants to be inside also. Thankfully I have airconditioning in my room...or it would be very hard to sleep at night.

My life has settled somewhat into a routine, with minor and major variations happening almost everyday. =) Alex and Mia have moved in to our house, which is so great! Even though I haven't seen Mia yet...she's traveling and I was traveling. Jen and Melinda are traveling, and very soon they will be flying back home...we will miss you!



Great produce pickers, and GREAT midwives!

No comments: